Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri July 30, 2004
Lyme Disease Ed On Tap for Dutchess
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – A U.S. Congresswoman, along with county-level officials and others, will be on hand in a Dutchess County park tomorrow to raise awareness about Lyme disease. Dutchess ranks number two in the nation for counties with the highest number of lyme disease cases. County health department officials say it's neighbor to the north, Columbia County, takes up the number one spot. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.