Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri May 9, 2003
MA Bottle Bill Expansion
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has proposed an expansion of the state's bottle redemption bill as part of his budget package. The provision would impose a five-cent deposit on all non-carbonated beverages sold in the Bay State. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Celland looks at what an expanded bottle bill would mean and what the chances are of its being enacted.