Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Mon April 9, 2012
MA Casino Commission Schedules First Meeting
The state's new casino commission is planning its first public meeting as it gears up to tackle the task over overseeing the massive new gambling industry envisioned by the 2011 casino law. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
The five-member Massachusetts Gaming Commission will hold the meeting tomorrow on the third floor of the campus center at the University of Massachusetts-Boston.
The commission's chairman is Stephen Crosby, who worked most recently as dean of the McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies at UMass-Boston.
The other members include Gayle Cameron, James McHugh, Bruce Stebbins, and Enrique Zuniga.
The commission has sweeping powers, including awarding three coveted casino licenses and one license for a slots parlor.
A spokeswoman for the panel said the commissioners won't be taking questions during, before, or after the meeting.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.