Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Tue April 10, 2012
MA Casino Panel to Hold First Meeting
The five-member panel that will oversee casino gambling in Massachusetts is set to be sworn in and hold its first official meeting. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
The agenda for Tuesday's meeting of the state Gaming Commission in Boston includes a number of administrative matters, including the election of a secretary and treasurer, the hiring of staff and the choosing of a law firm and outside gaming consultant.
The commissioners are also expected to adopt a mission statement and discuss several other matters, including ethics rules.
The panel was created by the casino gambling law that passed last year. It will eventually accept bids for up to three resort-style casinos and a single slots parlor.
The commission is headed by Stephen Crosby. Its other members are Gayle Cameron, James McHugh, Bruce Stebbins, and Enrique Zuniga.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.