Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Mon August 13, 2012
MA Dems Try to Link Sen. Scott Brown to Paul Ryan
Massachusetts Democrats are trying to tie Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown to Mitt Romney's hand-picked running mate, conservative Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan. Lucas Willard has more…
Democrats are banking that Ryan's budget proposals, including his plans to transform Medicare into a voucher system and re-shape the nation's tax system, could undermine support for Brown and other Massachusetts Republicans, including congressional hopeful Richard Tisei.
While Brown has endorsed Romney for president, he also voted against Ryan's budget plan twice, saying he couldn't support Ryan's Medicare proposal.
Brown's Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren argues that the choice of Ryan shows that Brown and Romney are doubling down on policies that will hurt seniors.
A spokeswoman for Brown said it's Warren who wants to gut Medicare in order to help pay for federal health care initiatives.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.