Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Mon August 13, 2012
MA Dems Try to Link Sen. Scott Brown to Paul Ryan
Massachusetts Democrats are trying to tie Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown to Mitt Romney's hand-picked running mate, conservative Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan. Lucas Willard has more…
Democrats are banking that Ryan's budget proposals, including his plans to transform Medicare into a voucher system and re-shape the nation's tax system, could undermine support for Brown and other Massachusetts Republicans, including congressional hopeful Richard Tisei.
While Brown has endorsed Romney for president, he also voted against Ryan's budget plan twice, saying he couldn't support Ryan's Medicare proposal.
Brown's Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren argues that the choice of Ryan shows that Brown and Romney are doubling down on policies that will hurt seniors.
A spokeswoman for Brown said it's Warren who wants to gut Medicare in order to help pay for federal health care initiatives.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.