Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue June 10, 2003
MA Forming Plans to Provide Discount Prescriptions
By Arlen Cellana
North Adams, MA – The soaring cost of prescription drugs is once again the focus of attention in the Bay State. The administration of Governor Mitt Romney is looking at how a 10-year-old federal law, aimed at helping low-income individuals receive deep discounts on medications, might help serve some of the Commonwealth's uninsured residents. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana reports.