Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
New England News
Mon April 9, 2012
MA Governor Preps for Visit by President of Brazil
Governor Deval Patrick is planning to welcome the president of Brazil to the Massachusetts Statehouse. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
President Dilma Rousseff is scheduled to arrive at the Statehouse on Tuesday.
Patrick said members of the public who want to greet Rousseff are encouraged to arrive at the Statehouse steps at about 11 a.m.
Patrick said the visit is a result of his nine-day trade mission to South America in December that included tours of Chile and Brazil.
In Brazil, Patrick announced an agreement intended to forge closer links between agricultural researchers at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst and their Brazilian counterparts.
He also joined officials from Massachusetts-based EMC Corporation for the groundbreaking of a new EMC research and development center at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.