Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
New England News
Mon May 21, 2012
MA Group to Host Symposium on Problem Gambling
The Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling will host a symposium on problem gambling to discuss whether western Massachusetts is prepared to deal with expanded gambling.
The council is preparing communities to address problems associated with gambling as the state awaits the arrival of casinos after legislation was passed to expand gambling in the state. The prevention, intervention and treatment of problem gambling will be discussed.
"Raising Awareness & Building Capacity in Western Massachusetts" is scheduled for the University of Massachusetts-Amherst on June 1 at the Marriott Center. Recovery support services and resources also will be discussed.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.