Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
New England News
Thu May 10, 2012
MA Group Lauds Obama for Same-Sex Marriage Stance
The group MassEquality is applauding President Barack Obama's declaration that he supports same-sex marriage. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
After refusing to take a clear stand for months, Obama made the announcement in an interview with ABC News at the White House on Wednesday.
Polling suggests the nation is evenly divided on the issue
MassEquality Executive Director Kara Suffredini says Obama's evolution on the issue is not unlike the experience of many Americans who have come to understand why marriage is important to same-sex couples and their children.
Same-sex couples began marrying in Massachusetts in 2004, after it became the first state to legalize same-sex marriage.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.