Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu May 1, 2003
MA House Rejects Income Tax Hikes
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts House yesterday voted against proposals to raise the state income tax and to allow the state to borrow three-hundred-million dollars in short-term loans. The vote means the state will have to rely heavily on spending cuts to fight its way out of a three-billion-dollar budget gap. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana files this report.