Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu May 1, 2003
MA House Rejects Income Tax Hikes
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts House yesterday voted against proposals to raise the state income tax and to allow the state to borrow three-hundred-million dollars in short-term loans. The vote means the state will have to rely heavily on spending cuts to fight its way out of a three-billion-dollar budget gap. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana files this report.