Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu April 24, 2003
MA House Releases Budget
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts House Ways and Means Committee released its recommendations for the fiscal year 2004 budget yesterday on Beacon Hill. The budget cuts school aid, eliminates prescription coverage for low-income elderly, and raises fees by almost four-hundred-million dollars. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana reports.