Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu April 24, 2003
MA House Releases Budget
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts House Ways and Means Committee released its recommendations for the fiscal year 2004 budget yesterday on Beacon Hill. The budget cuts school aid, eliminates prescription coverage for low-income elderly, and raises fees by almost four-hundred-million dollars. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana reports.