Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Mon May 12, 2003
MA House Studies New Park Names
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts House of Representatives voted last week to launch a study into the idea of renaming the state's forests and parks after corporate sponsors. Some lawmakers see the move as way to raise revenue in the midst of a budget crisis. Environmentalists say the measure goes too far. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana has more.