Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon May 12, 2003
MA House Studies New Park Names
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts House of Representatives voted last week to launch a study into the idea of renaming the state's forests and parks after corporate sponsors. Some lawmakers see the move as way to raise revenue in the midst of a budget crisis. Environmentalists say the measure goes too far. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana has more.