Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed July 9, 2003
MA Legislature Restores Local Aid
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts Legislature has restored over $ 40 Million of the $201 Million vetoed from the fiscal year 2004 budget by Governor Mitt Romney. Saying local communities have been hit hard enough, House and Senate lawmakers have restored $23 Million to the account for state aid to cities and towns. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana reports.