Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed July 9, 2003
MA Legislature Restores Local Aid
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts Legislature has restored over $ 40 Million of the $201 Million vetoed from the fiscal year 2004 budget by Governor Mitt Romney. Saying local communities have been hit hard enough, House and Senate lawmakers have restored $23 Million to the account for state aid to cities and towns. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana reports.