Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu June 19, 2003
MA Nurses Rally Behind Staffing Bill
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – Members of the Massachusetts Nurses Association are using a new survey to push legislation that would mandate a minimum ratio of nurses to patients in the hospital setting. The nurses say staffing mandates will save lives while administrators fear strict guidelines will cause health care delays and may even force hospital closures. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana reports.