Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Thu June 19, 2003
MA Nurses Rally Behind Staffing Bill
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – Members of the Massachusetts Nurses Association are using a new survey to push legislation that would mandate a minimum ratio of nurses to patients in the hospital setting. The nurses say staffing mandates will save lives while administrators fear strict guidelines will cause health care delays and may even force hospital closures. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana reports.