Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Wed May 2, 2012
MA Releases Additional Tornado Relief Funds
The Patrick administration has released an additional $520,000 in tornado relief funds for Western Massachusetts. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports…
Most of the money is for home repairs in the nine communities hit hardest by the June 1st natural disaster, according to the announcement from the Department of Housing and Community Development.
Homeowners whose insurance settlement didn’t cover all the damage can apply for grants up to $15,000. The funds will be administered by the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission. $65,000 will be used by the town of Monson to hire a disaster recovery manager. $30,000 is going to a Springfield social service agency to help disaster victims with their income tax filings.
The funds are from a $15 million supplemental budget the legislature approved last year for the state’s emergency response.
Paul Tuthill, WAMC News.