Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New England News
Fri September 21, 2012
MA Senate Candidates Try To Build Off Debate
The candidates in Massachusetts closely-watched U.S. Senate race are hoping to seize the momentum for their campaigns coming off their first head-to-head debate.
Thursday night's match-up had Republican incumbent U.S. Sen. Scott Brown and Democratic rival Elizabeth Warren sparring on tax policy, Iran's nuclear ambitions and Warren's claims of Native American heritage.
Warren plans a rally Friday afternoon in the Roslindale neighborhood of Boston while Brown's campaign says the debate reinforced his image as an independent member of the Senate who can work with Democrats and fellow Republicans.
Polls show a close contest. The race is already the most expensive campaign in Massachusetts political history.
The hour-long debate was televised on WBZ-TV.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press