Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New England News
Thu March 28, 2013
Maine, NH, Vt., form disaster medical team
Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont have formed a specialized disaster medical assistance team to respond to disasters in the region.
The 56-member team has expertise in emergency and wilderness medicine, toxicology, pharmacology, respiratory therapy, orthopedics and radiological protection, among other fields.
Dubbed NH-1, the team operates within the National Disaster Medical System and is overseen by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The National Disaster Medical System, which includes 7,000 volunteers nationwide, was established in 1983 to provide medical response, patient evacuation and medical care.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.