Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
New England News
Thu March 28, 2013
Maine, NH, Vt., form disaster medical team
Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont have formed a specialized disaster medical assistance team to respond to disasters in the region.
The 56-member team has expertise in emergency and wilderness medicine, toxicology, pharmacology, respiratory therapy, orthopedics and radiological protection, among other fields.
Dubbed NH-1, the team operates within the National Disaster Medical System and is overseen by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The National Disaster Medical System, which includes 7,000 volunteers nationwide, was established in 1983 to provide medical response, patient evacuation and medical care.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.