Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed January 5, 2005
Major Adirondack Land Acquisition Announced
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – New York State has reached an agreement to protect 104-thousand acres of northern Adirondack timberlands from development and provide public recreational access. The deal will add 20-thousand acres to state forest lands and allow for public access, thru easements, to another 84-thousand acres for hiking and snowmobiling atv and other recreational use. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.