Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
New England News
Thu February 21, 2013
Malloy, UConn president seek Stamford expansion
Gov. Dannel Malloy and University of Connecticut President Susan Herbst have announced a plan to expand the university's Stamford campus by adding programs, faculty and student housing.
The Hearst Connecticut Media Group reports (http://bit.ly/13l7M6t ) that Herbst said Wednesday the university wants to attract resident students to join those who commute to the Stamford campus. She says that will require university residences.
Malloy, a former mayor of Stamford, said the location of the residences or timeline for building them has not been set. The state is seeking public-private partnerships for the project.
The state's capital budget is $5 million for Stamford campus housing over two years.
The Stamford project is part of a state initiative to boost science, technology and engineering at UConn.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.