Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
New England News
Thu February 21, 2013
Malloy, UConn president seek Stamford expansion
Gov. Dannel Malloy and University of Connecticut President Susan Herbst have announced a plan to expand the university's Stamford campus by adding programs, faculty and student housing.
The Hearst Connecticut Media Group reports (http://bit.ly/13l7M6t ) that Herbst said Wednesday the university wants to attract resident students to join those who commute to the Stamford campus. She says that will require university residences.
Malloy, a former mayor of Stamford, said the location of the residences or timeline for building them has not been set. The state is seeking public-private partnerships for the project.
The state's capital budget is $5 million for Stamford campus housing over two years.
The Stamford project is part of a state initiative to boost science, technology and engineering at UConn.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.