Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Hudson Valley News
Thu February 14, 2013
Maloney pushes for federal funding for new TZ Bridge
WASHINGTON – Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney (D- Cold Spring) lobbied for federal funding for the new Tappan Zee Bridge during a hearing on infrastructure needs in the country held by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee held in Washington on Wednesday.
Maloney is a member of that committee, who supports the bridge project and urged the Transportation Secretary to approve the federal loan guarantees.
“It is my number one priority to get hammers on jobs, to get people back to work and to get our economy moving in the Hudson Valley and infrastructure and transportation is critical tool in our kit to get our economy moving again,” Maloney said.
The congressman also discussed what he said was the need for public-private partnerships in order to continue building and maintaining the country’s infrastructure.