Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Capital Region News
Mon March 4, 2013
Man Arrested For Bringing Gun To School
Police on Monday arrested a man who took a concealed gun into the Doane Stuart School.
A Hudson resident was arrested after school officials at Doane Stuart noticed he was carrying a gun. The Albany Times-Union reports 44-year old Pierre Jeune has a child who attends the private school and has a permit to carry a concealed weapon. He was in the building looking for someone he claimed he had been involved in a "fender bender" with. School officials say he never threatened anyone. Police were notified Jeune was armed... he was taken into custody after police surrounded his truck. He is charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, and arraigned in Rensselaer city court. Jeune will back before the judge on March 13th.
New York News