Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Central New York News
Wed March 6, 2013
Man Charged With Threatening Police Officers And Their Families
A Central New York man has been charged after allegedly making threats to harm police officers and their families.
Herkimer Police say 25-year old Rayvonn Burks is charged with two counts of making a terroristic threat.
Officials tell WKTV that upon taking Burks into custody on an unrelated charge, he made death threats against police officers and then announced he would set their homes ablaze while the officer's families were inside.
Burks is further accused of threatening to visit the homes and schools of the officers' children and shoot them with a rifle in retribution for his arrest.
Burks was arraigned in village court and sent to the Herkimer County Correctional Facility in lieu of bail.