Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Fri December 20, 2013
The Man He Became: How FDR Defied Polio To Win The Presidency" By James Tobin
James Tobin writes in his new biography of Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "It is a truism to say Roosevelt overcame polio to become President. It is just as accurate to say that Roosevelt would not have been the President he became, probably would not have been President at all, had it not been for the germ that had infected him in 1921."
National Book Critic Circle Award winner James Tobin, author of the acclaimed Ernie Pyle’s War, writes in his detailed account of the defining event of Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s life, and the greatest comeback in America’s political history.
WAMC Speakers Corner