Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Capital District News
Thu December 6, 2012
Man pleads guilty in NY teen's death last summer
22-year-old Saratoga County man has admitted to being drunk behind the wheel when his sport utility vehicle struck and killed a teenage girl standing alongside a road last summer. WAMC’S Dave Lucas has more.
The Saratogian reports that Gavin Staulters of Milton pleaded guilty Wednesday in Saratoga County Court to a vehicular manslaughter charge stemming from the death of 14-year-old Kari Liedel on July 7. The teen was hit by his vehicle as she and a friend waited for another friend along a road near her home in Milton.
Staulters is scheduled to be sentenced Jan. 30 to two to seven years in state prison.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.