Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Capital District News
Thu December 6, 2012
Man pleads guilty in NY teen's death last summer
22-year-old Saratoga County man has admitted to being drunk behind the wheel when his sport utility vehicle struck and killed a teenage girl standing alongside a road last summer. WAMC’S Dave Lucas has more.
The Saratogian reports that Gavin Staulters of Milton pleaded guilty Wednesday in Saratoga County Court to a vehicular manslaughter charge stemming from the death of 14-year-old Kari Liedel on July 7. The teen was hit by his vehicle as she and a friend waited for another friend along a road near her home in Milton.
Staulters is scheduled to be sentenced Jan. 30 to two to seven years in state prison.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.