Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Thu May 23, 2013
Man Shot While Questioned In Boston Probe
Officials say a Chechen immigrant who was being questioned about his ties to one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects was shot to death after a violent confrontation with an FBI agent.
Three law enforcement officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said earlier Wednesday that Ibragim Todashev lunged at the FBI agent with a knife before he was shot. However, two of those officials said later that was no longer clear. The third had not received any new information since earlier in the day.
The FBI has publicly characterized the incident as a violent confrontation, providing no other details of what happened inside a townhouse in Orlando, Fla., before Todashev was shot.
Two officials briefed on the investigation say Todashev had implicated himself as being involved in a 2011 triple-slaying in a Boston suburb. Authorities believe that may have been connected to Tamerlan Tsarnaev.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.