Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Tue January 15, 2013
"On the Map" by Simon Garfield
Humankind is endlessly fascinated with maps, and we are surrounded by them now more than ever.
In On the Map: A Mind-Expanding Exploration of the Way the World Looks by Simon Garfield, Garfield explores the unique ways that maps reflect human history and how they are a key part of our evolution as a species.
With his unique flair for mining the compelling from the obscure and mysterious, Simon peels back the layers of history and weaves in entertaining modern anecdotes to reveal the complex and fascinating relationship between man and map.
Simon Garfield is the author of more than a dozen acclaimed books of non-fiction, including the international bestseller, Just My Type - A Book About Fonts, and a trilogy of edited diaries from the Mass Observation Archive.