Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
Tue January 15, 2013
"On the Map" by Simon Garfield
Humankind is endlessly fascinated with maps, and we are surrounded by them now more than ever.
In On the Map: A Mind-Expanding Exploration of the Way the World Looks by Simon Garfield, Garfield explores the unique ways that maps reflect human history and how they are a key part of our evolution as a species.
With his unique flair for mining the compelling from the obscure and mysterious, Simon peels back the layers of history and weaves in entertaining modern anecdotes to reveal the complex and fascinating relationship between man and map.
Simon Garfield is the author of more than a dozen acclaimed books of non-fiction, including the international bestseller, Just My Type - A Book About Fonts, and a trilogy of edited diaries from the Mass Observation Archive.