Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Wed April 24, 2013
Markey Is Target Of Conservative Group's Ad
A conservative political group is airing a radio ad that takes aim at Democrat Edward Markey in the Massachusetts special Senate election.
The super PAC, Committee For A Better Massachusetts, which backs Republican Senate hopeful Gabriel Gomez is paying for an ad that depicts a doorman telling a woman that a political candidate has come calling.
Markey and the other Democratic candidate in the Senate race, Stephen Lynch signed a pledge to keep third party advertising out of the campaign. None of the three Republican candidates went along with the agreement. Polls show Markey is the front runner in Tuesday’s Democratic Primary and Gomez is running even with Michael Sullivan in the Republican contest.