Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Wed April 24, 2013
Markey Is Target Of Conservative Group's Ad
A conservative political group is airing a radio ad that takes aim at Democrat Edward Markey in the Massachusetts special Senate election.
The super PAC, Committee For A Better Massachusetts, which backs Republican Senate hopeful Gabriel Gomez is paying for an ad that depicts a doorman telling a woman that a political candidate has come calling.
Markey and the other Democratic candidate in the Senate race, Stephen Lynch signed a pledge to keep third party advertising out of the campaign. None of the three Republican candidates went along with the agreement. Polls show Markey is the front runner in Tuesday’s Democratic Primary and Gomez is running even with Michael Sullivan in the Republican contest.