Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Fri January 31, 2014
Mass. To Award Licenses For Medical Pot Outlets
State public health officials are set to award the first licenses for medical marijuana dispensaries in Massachusetts.
An announcement is expected on Friday from the state Department of Public Health, which has been reviewing applications from groups seeking to operate the dispensaries.
A law approved by voters in November 2012 allows marijuana to be used for certain medical conditions, including cancer, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease.
The law allows for up to 35 outlets around Massachusetts and requires that each county in the state have at least one medical marijuana dispensary.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.