Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon November 18, 2013
Mass. Ballot Question Supporters Facing Deadline
A key deadline is approaching for supporters of proposed questions for the 2014 Massachusetts state ballot.
Backers are working to collect at least 68,911 signatures around Massachusetts to allow the initiative petitions to remain alive. Those signatures must be presented to city and town clerks by Wednesday so they can be certified in time to be submitted to the secretary of state's office by a Dec. 4 deadline.
Among the proposed ballot questions is an expansion of the state's beverage deposit law to include bottled water and other non-carbonated drinks.
Others proposals call for raising the state's minimum wage, creating a statewide policy for earned sick time, reducing excessive hospital operating margins and repealing the state's casino gambling law.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.