Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
New England News
Wed August 28, 2013
Mass. Gov. Patrick Returning To Public Spotlight
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick is returning to the public spotlight after a month during which he's kept an unusually low profile.
Patrick will attend a meeting of the Governor's Council. It's the first public event he's had at the Statehouse since a July 31 meeting of the council.
In the afternoon, Patrick will participate in a bell-ringing at the Old South Meeting House in honor of the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech and the March on Washington.
In the evening, Patrick will join another commemoration of the march on the Charles River Esplanade.
Republicans have faulted Patrick for staying out of sight after a series of tax hikes went into effect.
Patrick aides say he has been actively engaged in governing the state during the past month.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.