Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
New England News
Mon February 11, 2013
Mass. governor to tour areas hard hit by blizzard
BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is scheduled to tour some of the areas hit hardest by the weekend blizzard and meet with local officials.
The governor is scheduled to be at Scituate High School on Monday morning, followed by Furnace Brook Middle School in Marshfield.
The community of Scituate was hit hard, with seawater flooding coastal roads and rocks and boulders tossed onto the shore by powerful waves and winds. Some coastal residents had to be evacuated.
Some residents of waterfront homes in Marshfield were also evacuated, and the community was among the hardest hit by power outages.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.