Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
New England News
Mon February 11, 2013
Mass. governor to tour areas hard hit by blizzard
BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is scheduled to tour some of the areas hit hardest by the weekend blizzard and meet with local officials.
The governor is scheduled to be at Scituate High School on Monday morning, followed by Furnace Brook Middle School in Marshfield.
The community of Scituate was hit hard, with seawater flooding coastal roads and rocks and boulders tossed onto the shore by powerful waves and winds. Some coastal residents had to be evacuated.
Some residents of waterfront homes in Marshfield were also evacuated, and the community was among the hardest hit by power outages.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.