Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Mon February 11, 2013
Mass. governor to tour areas hard hit by blizzard
BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is scheduled to tour some of the areas hit hardest by the weekend blizzard and meet with local officials.
The governor is scheduled to be at Scituate High School on Monday morning, followed by Furnace Brook Middle School in Marshfield.
The community of Scituate was hit hard, with seawater flooding coastal roads and rocks and boulders tossed onto the shore by powerful waves and winds. Some coastal residents had to be evacuated.
Some residents of waterfront homes in Marshfield were also evacuated, and the community was among the hardest hit by power outages.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.