Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New England News
Thu October 25, 2012
Mass. Home Sales Remain Healthy
Two organizations that track the Massachusetts real estate market say sales of single family homes remained healthy in September in part because of stabilized prices.
The Massachusetts Association of Realtors reported Thursday that sales were up nearly 3 percent from the same month last year, the 15th month of year-over-year increases.
The Warren Group reported an 8 percent increase in sales.
The organizations use different figures in their calculations.
The Realtors reported an almost 31 percent drop in sales in September when compared to August, but say such a dramatic decrease is typical for the time of year.
The median price for a single-family home has declined for the second consecutive month — less than 1 percent according to the Realtors and more than 4 percent according to the Warren Group.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.