Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Mon April 22, 2013
Mass. To Observe Moment Of Silence Monday
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick is asking residents to observe a moment of silence Monday at the time the first of two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
The one-minute silent tribute to victims is scheduled for 2:50 p.m. and will be followed by the ringing of bells in Boston and elsewhere in Massachusetts. It marks one week since the attacks that killed three people and wounded more than 180 others.
Patrick issued the call Sunday in a joint appeal with Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and One Fund Boston, a charity set up to help victims of the bombings.
Patrick and Menino say they are humbled by support from the public and the business community.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.