Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Sun February 10, 2013
Mass. Pilgrim nuclear plant restores power after storm
PLYMOUTH, Mass. (AP) — Off-site power has been restored to the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station, two days after being knocked out by the blizzard.
Pilgrim and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission announced that power resumed on Sunday. Power was restored from one of the three off-site lines and work is continuing to restore the other two lines.
Power had been provided by diesel generators since the storm disrupted electric transmission, which resulted in an automatic plant shutdown on Friday.
A spokesman for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission says Pilgrim is "fairly close" to restoring power from the other two lines.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.