Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Sun February 10, 2013
Mass. Pilgrim nuclear plant restores power after storm
PLYMOUTH, Mass. (AP) — Off-site power has been restored to the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station, two days after being knocked out by the blizzard.
Pilgrim and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission announced that power resumed on Sunday. Power was restored from one of the three off-site lines and work is continuing to restore the other two lines.
Power had been provided by diesel generators since the storm disrupted electric transmission, which resulted in an automatic plant shutdown on Friday.
A spokesman for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission says Pilgrim is "fairly close" to restoring power from the other two lines.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.