Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Tue July 13, 2004
Mass. Says Limiting Gay Marriage Helps Other States
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – A Massachusetts judge will hear arguments this afternoon on a lawsuit filed by eight out-of-state gay couples, who want to an injunction against a law that prevents same sex couples from other states from getting married in Massachusetts. The couples say the law is discriminatory...but the state of Massachusetts says the law is helping prevent a national backlash against gay marriage. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.