Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue July 13, 2004
Mass. Says Limiting Gay Marriage Helps Other States
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – A Massachusetts judge will hear arguments this afternoon on a lawsuit filed by eight out-of-state gay couples, who want to an injunction against a law that prevents same sex couples from other states from getting married in Massachusetts. The couples say the law is discriminatory...but the state of Massachusetts says the law is helping prevent a national backlash against gay marriage. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.