Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New England News
Fri February 24, 2006
Mass. State Senator Optimistic About Higher Ed Bill
By Dan Bobkoff
AMHERST, MA – A Massachusetts state senator brought good news to his annual meeting with the University of Massachusetts faculty senate this week. Senator Stan Rosenberg, the Amherst Democrat who co-chaired the Senate Task Force on Higher Education, says the legislature may be close to passing a significant higher education funding bill.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.