Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon August 19, 2013
Mass. Unemployment Benefits System Has Problems
A new online system for filing state unemployment claims remains riddled with problems more than six weeks after it was launched, leaving many jobless people unable to find technical assistance or get benefits.
Frustrated claimants said they were unable to file claims through either the new online system or automated phone system linked to it.
That frustration has been compounded by an inability to get through to help lines set up by the state. Many spoke of dialing and redialing in vain attempts to reach a human, spending long waits on hold only to be cut off and forced to re-enter the queue.
State officials tell The Boston Globe there are some problems, but they are affecting a relatively small share of filers. The problems are being worked on.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.