Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Fri August 4, 2006
Massachusetts Cancer Researcher Turned Presidential-Hopeful Awaits Results in Congo
By Dan Bobkoff
Westborough, ma – A Massachusetts Cancer researcher is among the more than 30 candidates awaiting the results of last Sunday's landmark elections in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The results will likely not be known for another two weeks, but his family and friends are cautiously optimistic. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has his story.