Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Mon June 18, 2012
Massachusetts Commission to Host Forum on Problem Gambling
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will host a public forum on problem gambling. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
Members of the commission, the Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling, Harvard Medical School Assistant Professor of Psychiatry Debi LaPlante and other research and gaming experts will be on hand for the commission's fourth public forum aimed at educating the commission and the community about issues associated with the introduction of expanding gambling in Massachusetts.
The forum will focus on the current status of problem gambling as well as treatment resources available in Massachusetts. People who have struggled with problem gambling with tell their personal stories.
The forum is scheduled for from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on June 25 at North Shore Community College in Lynn.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.