Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Mon June 18, 2012
Massachusetts Commission to Host Forum on Problem Gambling
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission will host a public forum on problem gambling. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
Members of the commission, the Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling, Harvard Medical School Assistant Professor of Psychiatry Debi LaPlante and other research and gaming experts will be on hand for the commission's fourth public forum aimed at educating the commission and the community about issues associated with the introduction of expanding gambling in Massachusetts.
The forum will focus on the current status of problem gambling as well as treatment resources available in Massachusetts. People who have struggled with problem gambling with tell their personal stories.
The forum is scheduled for from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on June 25 at North Shore Community College in Lynn.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.