Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu April 21, 2005
Massachusetts Congressmen Fail to Amend Energy Bill
By John Krol
Washington, DC – Attempts by Massachusetts Congressmen to make the energy bill being debated on Capitol Hill more environmentally-friendly have failed. One of the proposals would have eliminated the provision to allow oil drilling in the National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief John Krol has the story.