Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu April 21, 2005
Massachusetts Congressmen Fail to Amend Energy Bill
By John Krol
Washington, DC – Attempts by Massachusetts Congressmen to make the energy bill being debated on Capitol Hill more environmentally-friendly have failed. One of the proposals would have eliminated the provision to allow oil drilling in the National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief John Krol has the story.