Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Thu December 8, 2005
Massachusetts ER's to dispense emergency contraception
By Jessica Bloustein
Boston, MA – As of Monday, every hospital emergency room in Massachusetts will dispense Plan B Emergency Contraception to female rape victims. Governor Romney abandoned plans Thursday to exempt Roman Catholic and other privately owned hospitals from the new law passed by the legislature in September. The issue has drawn controversy in Western Massachusetts.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.