Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu December 8, 2005
Massachusetts ER's to dispense emergency contraception
By Jessica Bloustein
Boston, MA – As of Monday, every hospital emergency room in Massachusetts will dispense Plan B Emergency Contraception to female rape victims. Governor Romney abandoned plans Thursday to exempt Roman Catholic and other privately owned hospitals from the new law passed by the legislature in September. The issue has drawn controversy in Western Massachusetts.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.