Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Thu December 8, 2005
Massachusetts ER's to dispense emergency contraception
By Jessica Bloustein
Boston, MA – As of Monday, every hospital emergency room in Massachusetts will dispense Plan B Emergency Contraception to female rape victims. Governor Romney abandoned plans Thursday to exempt Roman Catholic and other privately owned hospitals from the new law passed by the legislature in September. The issue has drawn controversy in Western Massachusetts.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.