Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu December 8, 2005
Massachusetts ER's to dispense emergency contraception
By Jessica Bloustein
Boston, MA – As of Monday, every hospital emergency room in Massachusetts will dispense Plan B Emergency Contraception to female rape victims. Governor Romney abandoned plans Thursday to exempt Roman Catholic and other privately owned hospitals from the new law passed by the legislature in September. The issue has drawn controversy in Western Massachusetts.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.