Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Tue July 17, 2012
Massachusetts Gasoline Prices Climbing
After falling through most of the Spring, gasoline prices are going up once again in Massachusetts.. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
Gasoline prices have shot up 9 cents per gallon in the past week in Massachusetts according to the latest price survey by Triple A of Southern New England. It was the second consecutive week the survey found an increase in the average price of gasoline at service stations. The average price for self serve regular unleaded is $3.47. That’s’ 24 cents lower than at this time a year ago. Analysts say gasoline prices are increasing as the price of crude oil is climbing from the lows the commodity hit in June.