Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Tue July 17, 2012
Massachusetts Gasoline Prices Climbing
After falling through most of the Spring, gasoline prices are going up once again in Massachusetts.. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
Gasoline prices have shot up 9 cents per gallon in the past week in Massachusetts according to the latest price survey by Triple A of Southern New England. It was the second consecutive week the survey found an increase in the average price of gasoline at service stations. The average price for self serve regular unleaded is $3.47. That’s’ 24 cents lower than at this time a year ago. Analysts say gasoline prices are increasing as the price of crude oil is climbing from the lows the commodity hit in June.