Most Active Stories
- Sports Report: Michael Phelps Comes Out Of Retirement
- State Police Called After Hinsdale Select Board Denies Ex-Police Chief's Bid For Part-Time Position
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- Albany Store Sold Bedbug-Infested Matresses
- Dr. Jeffrey Froh, Hofstra University - The Benefits of Gratitude
New England News
Thu June 28, 2012
Massachusetts Governor "Delighted" By Healthcare Ruling
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, who is a strong political ally of President Obama, said he is delighted by the Supreme Court’s decision on healthcare reform. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Governor Patrick said the Supreme Court had affirmed the correctness of the Massachusetts approach to health care reform which served as a model for the national law. Massachusetts has 98 percent of its adults’ covered by health insurance. Patrick said the health care reform law had not busted the state budget, and health insurance premiums were holding steady or going down..
Democratic US Senate hopeful Elizabeth Warren issued a statement praising the Supreme Court’s ruling. Republican Senator Scott Brown called the ruling bad for the economy and jobs.