Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Tue December 24, 2013
Massachusetts Health Connector Deadline Extended
The Massachusetts Health Connector has extended the sign-up deadline for people in danger of losing their health insurance on January 1st
The state is giving people until December 31st to choose new health plans—an 8-day extension—and people will have until January 10 to pay for the first month’s coverage. 250,000 people who had insurance through the Connector have to enroll in new plans that comply with the federal Affordable Care Act. Also more people will now be eligible for subsidized insurance, according to Connector executive director Jean Yang
"The Affordable Care Act fills a number of holes."
But the state’s on-line insurance marketplace has been troubled by slowdowns and other glitches since October 1st. The state has increased staffing at call centers to try to help people sign up for insurance.