Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Wed August 1, 2012
Massachusetts Legislature Approves Transportation Earmarks
The Massachusetts Legislature has approved a roughly $1.4 billion transportation bond bill loaded with election year earmarks. WAMC’S Paul Tuthill reports.
The bill authorizes the state to borrow for major state highway and public transit projects, along with more than 200 earmarked local transportation projects in every region of the state.
The authorization to borrow does not guarantee that all of the projects will ultimately be built. Those decisions will be made by state officials in the future.
The bill was approved late Tuesday night in the closing hours of the two-year legislative session.