Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
New England News
Thu March 27, 2014
Massachusetts Mourns Two Fallen Firefighters
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has ordered flags flown at half-staff to honor two Boston firemen who died Wednesday in a wind-whipped apartment house blaze.
Governor Patrick paid condolences Thursday morning at the fire house where Lt Edward Walsh and firefighter Michael Kennedy were stationed.
"My prayers and thoughts go to the families of those who were lost, the Walsh and Kennedy families. To the colleagues who survived and carry-on, my admiration and my thanks," said Patrick.
Walsh and Kennedy were trapped in the basement of the four-story building, where the fire apparently started. 13 of their colleagues were injured battling the nine-alarm blaze.