Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New England News
Fri October 19, 2012
Massachusetts Pharmacy Agrees to Remain Closed for Investigation
A pharmacy with the same owners as a Massachusetts specialty pharmacy at the center of a fungal meningitis outbreak that has killed 21 people has agreed to remain closed until at least Nov. 5.
Ameridose had agreed to a request from state regulators to temporarily shut down so it could be inspected. It was scheduled to reopen Monday.
The Board of Registration in Pharmacy said in a letter Friday to Ameridose's lawyer that it needs the extension to conduct "a comprehensive investigation of facility operations."
Ameridose, based in Westborough, said the agreement states that neither the board nor Ameridose is aware that any product compounded or produced by Ameridose "is in any way unfit for use or consumption."
The outbreak has been linked to steroids produced by New England Compounding Center of Framingham.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.