Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
New England News
Thu October 18, 2012
Massachusetts Program Aims To Help Small Businesses Grow
Massachusetts officials are launching a new pilot program in Springfield to help grow small businesses. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Rather than focus government help on start ups, struggling companies, or on a particular sector, this program is for successful small businesses with growth potential. The state’s top economic development official Gregory Bialecki said the program will offer management consultant services and customized financing.
Springfield was picked for the pilot program because it dovetails with the tornado recovery plan that calls for small business support. Business can apply through the Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation.