Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Thu October 18, 2012
Massachusetts Program Aims To Help Small Businesses Grow
Massachusetts officials are launching a new pilot program in Springfield to help grow small businesses. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Rather than focus government help on start ups, struggling companies, or on a particular sector, this program is for successful small businesses with growth potential. The state’s top economic development official Gregory Bialecki said the program will offer management consultant services and customized financing.
Springfield was picked for the pilot program because it dovetails with the tornado recovery plan that calls for small business support. Business can apply through the Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation.