Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Sat September 28, 2013
Massachusetts Repeals "Tech Tax" After Just Two Months
Massachusetts lawmakers have repealed the so-called “tech-tax”.
Less than two months after approving a sales tax on computer software services as part of a $500 million dollar transportation tax bill, legislators eliminated it before a single penny was ever collected. Political consultant Tony Cignoli said leaders of the state’s technology industry managed to swiftly convince legislators they’d made a mistake that would do great harm to the state’s economy.
Governor Patrick said he and legislative leaders will have to come with a way to fill a $160 million hole in the state’s budget left as a result of the tech tax repeal.