Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Sat September 28, 2013
Massachusetts Repeals "Tech Tax" After Just Two Months
Massachusetts lawmakers have repealed the so-called “tech-tax”.
Less than two months after approving a sales tax on computer software services as part of a $500 million dollar transportation tax bill, legislators eliminated it before a single penny was ever collected. Political consultant Tony Cignoli said leaders of the state’s technology industry managed to swiftly convince legislators they’d made a mistake that would do great harm to the state’s economy.
Governor Patrick said he and legislative leaders will have to come with a way to fill a $160 million hole in the state’s budget left as a result of the tech tax repeal.