Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
WAMC New England News
Wed March 1, 2006
Massachusetts Senate Approves Emergency Healthcare Reform
By Dan Bobkoff
BOSTON, MA – The Massachusetts Senate has unanimously approved a stripped-down health care bill that seeks to insure about half of the state's uninsured residents. Senators rushed the bill through late yesterday to avoid losing federal Medicaid funds. The bill now moves to the house where its outcome is still uncertain.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports.