Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
WAMC New England News
Wed March 1, 2006
Massachusetts Senate Approves Emergency Healthcare Reform
By Dan Bobkoff
BOSTON, MA – The Massachusetts Senate has unanimously approved a stripped-down health care bill that seeks to insure about half of the state's uninsured residents. Senators rushed the bill through late yesterday to avoid losing federal Medicaid funds. The bill now moves to the house where its outcome is still uncertain.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports.